I type this with heavy eyelids, I cannot wait to get under the covers. Sleep is one of my favorite pastimes (had you told me this when I was a child, I would have told you to bugger off). Over the last few weeks, I’ve been burning the 11pm oil (my candle burns out by midnight) and rising early to work (on my business proposals).
In 2016, my focus was on university and my first year as a technology and media candidate attorney. It has been great. I’m glad to note that I have been growing my personal brand as a technology lawyer.
One year in, and I’ve been published in reputable platforms, including South Africa’s legal journal. I will include the links below as I’m not above self promotion. If you don’t promote yourself, how can you expect anyone else to?
I have now adjusted to working over and beyond 8 hours (candidate attorney life) while studying full time. This adjustment has confirmed that there is as much time in a day as you choose.
I have currently been stretching the hours of my allocated 24 hours, at work and on Symbios, my CSI (Corporate Social Investment) consultancy, or implementancy as I like to call it. We’re doers, go-getters, action people and we’re going to manage sustainable projects.
Exciting times ahead! But first, sleep.
Oh wait, before bed, here are the links to my articles that I’ve written (and co-written).
1. Is virtual child porn illegal? http://www.timeslive.co.za/ilive/2016/04/15/Is-virtual-child-porn-illegal
2. Your private Facebook messages can be used in court against you – even if you were hacked http://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2016/02/05/Your-private-Facebook-messages-can-be-used-in-court-against-you-even-if-you-were-hacked-iLIVE
3. POPI – Compliance v Defiance http://www.derebus.org.za/popi-compliance-v-defiance/
4. Businesses lure Pokémon go players to their doorsteps https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/opinion/2016-08-11-businesses-lure-pokmon-go-players-to-their-doorsteps/
5. Minister Gordhan’s budget speech hints at using big data to give a big beating to corrupt officials https://www.ppmattorneys.co.za/minister-gordhans-budget-speech-hints-using-big-data-give-big-beating-corrupt-officials/
6. SASSA controversy: aspects related to the protection of personal information https://www.ppmattorneys.co.za/sassa-controversy-aspects-related-protection-personal-information/
7. Ben 10s and state ICT procurement- getting it right the first time https://www.ppmattorneys.co.za/ben-10s-state-ict-procurement-getting-right-first-time/